Friday, August 9, 2013

twenty three.

So, it's been a few months since I updated. Yeah, I'm an awesome blogger. I'll start with the Whole 30. I didn't finish the full 30 days. I made it to day 20 and couldn't continue. I couldn't continue because I was having the worst morning sickness I could have ever imagined. I could barely eat or drink anything much less even think about eating a piece of meat or a vegetable.

As most of you know we are expecting Baby #4.
We got the positive test on April 22 and shortly thereafter the morning sickness began. I'd love to one day do another Whole 30, but I doubt it'll be during this pregnancy, as I'm having the strangest food aversion and an aversion to meat is one of them. I don't want to really eat meat but I do want greek yogurt which is bizarre to me as I've hated yogurt my entire life. Pregnancy does strange things to your body and tastes.

W and I wanted to announce our pregnancy in a fun and unusual way. We hadn't really told anyone that we were going to try for Baby #4 and knew the news would be surprising to everyone. W came up with the idea of making a video announcement. I, on the other hand, scoured Pinterest for cute photo announcements. I was nearing 12 weeks and was wanting so badly to finally get the news out there and so we decided once and for all to do the video. I am SO glad that we did! W had a great vision of what he thought would work for the video and what elements we should have. It was filmed in different parts on different days. Then he and I sat around the Saturday before Fathers Day editing it and putting it all together. We sent the video out to my parents first as we were going to be seeing them the next day for a Fathers Day lunch. I desperately wanted them to know because I was already showing and couldn't think of how I could avoid telling them when I was bound to decline an ice cold beer at Fred's. The first response we received from them was a text message from my dad that just read, "omg." I laughed until I cried. I thought it was greatness to get something like that from my dad who never texts anyone. Then a couple minutes go by and they send us a video from their iPhone. The tears, the excitement, it was just what W and I had hoped they'd feel. The next people to know where our siblings and W's dad and wife. Then it was on to the rest of the family. The video, I believe, was a hit. If you haven't seen the video and would like to watch it, it can be found here:


It was a joy to make and we really hope everyone enjoyed it. With Little Love's pregnancy I took a picture every week, but this time around I'm only taking a photo every other week. Here are the weeks I've taken so far. Weeks 12, 14, 16, and 18.

12 Weeks

14 Weeks

16 Weeks

18 Weeks


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment