Monday, October 29, 2012

eight.

I've started writing this blog entry about five different times each time starting out with a different subject. I want to write what’s on my mind but can't find the words. (I probably could if there weren't three loud elephants upstairs screaming at each other and pulling each others hair.) My heart is bursting with words that I don't know how to get out. Life is not perfect; yet I’m content. We have money in the bank; even if it’s only dollars. God has been speaking to me lately. I do wonder if that’s something anyone ever gets use to? There are signs pointing in the direction He wants to lead our family. They are small signs that others would think crazy but to me they are signs nonetheless. When I think of things He’s calling us to do I'm almost certain HE might be crazy. ;) Although when I needed some reassurance a verse came to me, and I don't mean that I thought about this verse, I mean it was sent to me, literally, from an iPhone app. See what I mean? Crazy.


Here is the verse:


I was showering, praying, and thinking about something I feel God has laid upon my heart for our future. It’s a scary thought but an exciting one. When I was showering I kept thinking the name Isaiah. I didn’t know why so when I got out and dried off I decided to get my bible and start reading the book of Isaiah. As soon as I sat down on the couch in my room my mom and Big Mak came in to chat. I sat my bible aside and we chatted before having to leave and meet my sister and niece. I was bummed I didn't get to begin reading Isaiah but figured I'd do it the next day. A little while later I get a notification on my phone from a new app I installed called Promises. It sends you an alert for the verse of the day. I glanced down, and for the first time I read the verse of the day; the subject related to something I wasn't proud of doing earlier in the day. Basically, it grabbed my attention! After reading that verse I felt a pull to read the “popular this week” section. What was the top verse? Isaiah 41:13. God wasn't going to wait until I took the time to read an entire book within the bible, and a long book at that. He heard me and wanted to answer me. What an incredible feeling.

I do have a request for everyone: Please say a prayer for W. I have hope that things will start to turn around for him this next year. He works so hard for our little family and is away from us all too often. He is drained physically, emotionally and spiritually. That is not how a job/career should make you feel. Please pray that he'll find something else that'll allow him to be home more and that he'll be happier doing.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment