Wednesday, February 13, 2013

fifteen.

I sat this morning talking to my Heavenly Father telling him how I felt, but what I really needed to do was think about how others felt. After a day like yesterday how are our daughters going to wake up feeling? I may sit and think, "Ugh, I still feel grumpy and upset by their behavior yesterday," but why do I still feel that way? Is it that I wake expecting the girls to misbehave again? I think deep down I do. I wake up, although not often, thinking about all the "wrong" the kids are going to do today. What a miserable way to begin a new day! And really, it's not even that they're doing anything wrong, it's behavior, lashing out, frustration, annoyance. I yearn for them to wake up with bright expectations and a renewed sense of self, so why don't I do the same? I will. 
We ended our evening with a chilly walk to the park where the girls wrestled, laughed and chased one another in the damp grass and misty air. All earlier altercations seemed to fade away... I'll carry that attitude into today instead of the negative one that has a tendency to pop up first. 
Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 
Colossians 3:13
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment